November 27, 2010

The Temple of God and the Ark of the Covenant Are in Heaven

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call His name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David. And He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of His kingdom there shall be no end. (Luke 1:30-33)

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." (John 18:36)

"'Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.' This He said, signifying what death He should die." (John 12:31-33)

"Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14:30)

"Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." (John 16:11)

Where in the Bible Does It Say Jesus Will Return After His Temple Is Complete?

Is this talking about the construction of the third and final temple?

By truthbearer, Yahoo Answers

It is a carnal mind which takes the TEMPLE of God to be a man-made building.

God's Word clearly shows that God does NOT dwell in temples made with hands. For this true statement, they stoned Stephen and persecuted the true Church of God.
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands. (Acts 17:24)
Jesus said, destroy this TEMPLE and in three days I will raise it up. He spoke of the TEMPLE of His BODY. So why would He now want another man-made temple to deceive people with?

Paul said your BODY is the TEMPLE of the Lord.

Revelation says the Lamb is the TEMPLE of Heaven.
"And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in His temple the ark of His testament." (Revelation 11:19)
So no Scripture upholds a man-made temple.

God even protested to David that He had NEVER asked any man to build Him a house. It was not of God then, and it is never going to be of God.

This is exactly why God sent Nebuchadnezzar to destroy that rich, lavish building which Solomon built. He again sent someone to destroy it again in Jerusalem. And you think Jesus is sitting up in Heaven, waiting for men to build another man-made building, which God's Word declares more than once, that He DESPISES? Not so. Not for one minute. It is certainly speaking of His true Church or kingdom believers.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I [John] heard a great voice out of heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.' And He that sat upon the throne said, 'Behold, I make all things new... He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son'... And I [John] saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (Revelation 21:2-5,7,22)

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." (Revelation 3:12)
Source:
KJV Scripture
Back to The Lamb Slain Home Page